Friday, November 17, 2006

BEHIND THE LENS - November 10 2006 -

Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

The Storm
Youth Football & Coach Donnie Carter
Playoffs - La Vergne @ Home


What a glorious day here in Tennessee. The weather is hitting 73, it's just great!

Ok, enough of that, I have 3 great topics, so let's roll.

The Storm
Congrats to the Nashville Storm they are playing in Orlando tomorrow and I hope the best for them. They are in the National Championship for Amateur Football. The league is known as the NAFL.  
Many praises to Patrick Abernathy for letting me announce and film for the Storm.
I wish I could be in Disney with the team but I am spread a little thin this weekend.
I think a big championship ring would look good on my finger.

Youth Football & Coach Donnie Carter
Tomorrow is also the championship for the TYFA and I have been contacted to be the announcer for those games.

I cut my teeth in youth and learned a lot back in the DAY-O about football. I have six games all back to back starting at 9:00 and the last game kicks off at 7:30.

It will also be the game for Coach Donnie Carter. He has coached 12 year old kids since 1969. He has over 300 wins and several championships. A part of me will die tomorrow as Coach Carter hangs it up. He can take 5 plays and 11 disciplined kids and just beat you like a drum. 42 cross-buck on one and everybody block.

On behalf of all the kids who ever played for you "Thanks Coach".

Playoffs - La Vergne @ Home
Well tonight is the second round and we are still alive.

LaVergne will come over to the dog pound for this one.

The message boards have been busy, but we will settle it on the field.

I like our chances.

That's A Wrap
Well, that's a wrap.

As always, tonight I will high above the press box taking it all in.

If you see me just give a shout.

God Bless and Take Care


From Behind The Lens.
The Stork
“A man who truly delivers”


Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

No comments: