Monday, August 06, 2007

BEHIND THE LENS - August 5 2007 -

Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

Text Messaging
2-A-Days or 3
Womens Football


Well I guess most of you who stop by wondered when I was going to give you an update. Well here it is. I hope you like the new look.

We took the off-time of High School Football to update the site, there is more to come. Let's not waste anytime and jump right in.


Text Messaging
The NCAA has put a new rule in place that limits the communication between recruits and coaches. I can't believe that the NCAA believes they can monitor this type of activity.

1. Text Messaging from the carrier side (Verizion, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc...) doesn't monitor the content of the messages, nor do they track how many, who, etc... They don't care. Then only monitor the success of sending and receiving. Your bill is not itemized every month with all the messages you send and receive. So how are they going to monitor this?

2. The carriers (same group as above) don't care what the NCAA thinks, they don't have time to help them. Over 10 billion messages are sent every month to handsets.

I rest my case. No recruit is going to turn a coach in for text messaging, unless he is harassing the kid.

2-A-Days or 3
Well this past Monday (July 30th) kicked off 2-A-Days. I love this time of the year. It's time for the players to show off what they did in the off season. You can tell right off who worked out in the off season and who played.

Football players what are dedicated to their team, school, and themselves push their bodies from the end of last season to the start of 2-A-Days. Our first game is August 25th. Games will be broadcast on CSS, it will be a packed house.

Womens Football
The NWFA - National Womens Football Association recently invited me to film and announce the 2007 World Championship Game between the Pittsburgh Passion and the Columbus Comets. Now you are probably thinking "Women Playing Football"? I put together a small clip for you to be the judge Passion vs Coments.
I think you will be surprised as what you will find :-)

That's A Wrap
I have been extremely busy and will try to keep you updated between now and the 25th. Some great things have happened to me on a personal level and life is good. I hope everyone is doing great.

Thanks for stopping by.

God Bless and Take Care


From Behind The Lens.
The Stork
“A man who truly delivers”


Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

No comments: