Thursday, September 08, 2005

BEHIND THE LENS - September 1st 2005 -

Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

Attitude Again
Kids to Parents & Parents to Kids
College Football Kickoff



Hey Gang are you ready for Labor Day??? Me I can’t wait.


I want to take a moment an apologize for the long delay. I have been busy trying to set things up in my new house.

I just completed a move and you know things are tough to get straight.
I am a pack rat, so I have that are to some people a lot of junk. But they are special memories to me.

Let’s jump right in and get going.

Attitude Again
It’s all about me!!

Last Friday night during the Brentwood @ Smyrna game, I witnessed something that should not be tolerated by any coach period.

We were in the mix of a heated battle and getting beat. We made a fantastic defensive play on 3rd down. Only to be followed up by a series of finger pointing and strutting like a rooster.
It would have been fourth for them, they were set to punt when the yellow flag flew. We got un-sportsman like conduct. It cost us 15 yards and a first down for the other team. We had them and were fixing to get the ball back and blew it.

You need to control yourself on the field, it is so important, even in life.

We all get sideways at times, but the cost can be devastating when you are called out in public.

What if that had been a job decision or money? Now the debit is really steep.

I urge all of you, including myself, to try to control your emotions. Quit thinking about yourself and think of others.

When you put the "team first" and I last, things seem to work out better.

Kids to Parents & Parents to Kids (Grades)
The first week of school is over. The new tennis shoes are beginning to get some marks and so are some of the progress reports when it comes to the grades.


It is a constant battle to keep kids motivated toward the books and parents continue to struggle with the correct approach on how to sell kids on keeping your school work in the right perspective. The words never come out right to a child when a parent finds out we have not done well on a paper or quiz.

Kids, your parents are only concerned with your future. You must understand your school work is so important. You can have your house, your car, your clothes etc…. swept away just like Katrina did to those in New Orleans. When all is said and done you would still have your mind. I urge you to invest in your mind it is a bank account that always gathers interest when you feed it.

Parents, keep pushing you have nothing to loose. Kids will get frustrated with your constant begging of them to perform, years from now they will understand when they are stuck with the same problem you are having today

College Football Kickoff
I love high school football and I dearly love college football.

Those of you who know me well, fully understand I was almost an employee of EKU I spent 6.5 years in Richmond and would not trade one semester for the other. I loved the fall when football kicked off.

No it was nothing like running through the T at Tennessee, but it was so much fun. We would plan and talk all week about the game and the activities before, during and after the contest. The action of the game and atmosphere is only created by friends and family, it is a time of gathering for one purpose.

I hope everybody has a great fall and I hope all of you get to witness at least one fall Saturday at some college it is a blast.

That's A Wrap
I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend. Please take a moment to think about those who lost lives and personal belongings in Katrina. We are not close to the disaster cannot imagine the loss and devastation.
I am heading up to EKU for the opener and then on to Lexington, KY for the UK vs. UL game. That one is on national TV @ 3:30. So look for me I may be on goal posts if the cats win :-)
Friday look for me @ Smyrna as we take on Wilson Central kick off 7:30.

Until Next Week.
From Behind The Lens.
The Stork
“A man who truly delivers”


Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

No comments: