Thursday, September 22, 2005

BEHIND THE LENS - September 22nd 2005 -

Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

Boy was I proud

You got "Side Swiped"

Hang on



Hey Gang,

I hope everybody is having a great week.

The season is more than half over for everybody and still a lot of football and good times to follow.

Let’s jump right in and get going on our journey.

Boy was I proud
Most of you that know me, fully understand I am dedicated to making it happen.

I have poured a lot of energy into this website and the videos I produce.

A proud moment hit me as a Dad last Friday night as my son Tyler was under the lights at Blackman, in full control of the snapping duties shortly into the game.

You never know when the call will come and the coach screams “Your On”.
Most kids don’t even have time to consume what is taking place. The adrenaline that ran through his body was probably at an all time high.

I will tell you one thing as a camera operator, I was scared I was going to mess up and I have been doing it for 8 years unconsciously.

Those are dreams that only come along once in life and it was so special.
I know I have many more coming with him but the moment was cherished because it was not planned.

The best part is that he knew then the ride of playing high school football under the lights had just begun, and he was in the mix.

Congrats Tyler, that game will stay with me a long time.

You got Side Swiped
One thing that usually happens in a game on Friday Night is somebody gets "side swiped".

Now watching it take place is fun for some and horrible for others. The way it always takes place is that the victim or player is focused on something else and out of the blue they get clocked into next year.

If you are the one delivering the blow your teammates and your fans scream and yell with pleasure as you just flattened a player. The player usually falls to the ground trying to recover and figure out what just happened.

Now a lot of folks will say that is just football. Yes, in some ways it is.
Not only does it happen on the field it also happens in our everyday lives.

When things are going well and you are not paying attention, then something hits you so hard it "rocks your world".

Just remember, one day you might be the one the fans are saying “Nice Hit” or maybe you are the one on the ground wondering what just happened.

Pay attention on the field and in life, you never know what is going to happen, because in life the clock is always ticking.

Hang On...
The follow up is to the piece above.

If you are the one on the ground or the player having a bad day in class or on the field, try hanging on, and looking at the good in life.

Happiness that comes to you like it did to me last Friday Night, will come again.

We are all seeking wins and losses on the field of life and grid iron.

We learn from our defeats and celebrate in our victories.

If you are struggling with certain things, don’t hold them back, try and discuss them with somebody you trust who you know can encourage you to hang on.

I was told last night at church that the stress level upon America has increased to an all time high. Because of the recent Hurricanes and everything else that is going on in our world.

We are all feeling the effects and it is taking a toll on us.

Look to the good, be thankful for today and smile, it is what makes this big world turn.

That's A Wrap

Well that is wrap.

Tomorrow Night we (Smyrna Bulldogs) will travel to Ravenwood (I like their helmets) to take on the Raptors.

This is a non conference game, but a big one as both teams are playing well and bring a lot of offense to the plate.

This will be my first visit to Raptor stadium but I am looking forward to meeting the people on top of the press box. (You always meet some interesting people at the game).

As always when you see me at the game be sure to stop and say "hey".

Until next week, take care and God Bless.

From Behind The Lens.
The Stork
“A man who truly delivers”

Football Stars For Tomorrow - www.storkmontgomery.com

No comments: